I came across this brilliant idea of rewatching this amazing teen show.
2 favourite episodes:
1.15 – So called Angels. ‘How did you die?’ ‘I froze.’
1.14 – It was so hard to watch Rayanne fall again, and the final scene when she grabs bear is a killer.
Character I loved: Rayanne Graff
25 best quotes:
1. Sometimes it seems like we’re all living in some kind of prison. And the crime is how much we hate ourselves. It’s good to get really dressed up once in a while. And admit the truth: that when you really look closely? People are so strange and so complicated that they’re actually… beautiful. Possibly even me.
2. It just seems like, you agree to have a certain personality or something. For no reason. Just to make things easier for everyone. But when you think about it, I mean, how do you know it’s even you? And, I mean, this whole thing with yearbook – it’s like, everybody’s in this big hurry to make this book, to supposedly remember what happened. Because if you made a book of what really happened, it’d be a really upsetting book.
3.There’s something about Sunday night that really makes you wanna kill yourself.
4.Cafeteria is the embarrassment capital of the world. It’s like a prison movie.
5.Everybody’s an act. Including you.
6. I bet people can actually die of embarrassment. I bet it’s been medically proven.
7.My dad thinks every person in the world is having more fun than him. Which could be true.
8. Lately, I can’t even look at my mother without wanting to stab her repeatedly. My dad and I used to be pretty tight. The sad truth is, my breasts have come between us.
9.Things were getting to me. Just how people are. How they always expect you to be a certain way. Even your best friend. School is a battlefield for your heart. So when Rayanne Graff told me my hair was holding me back, I had to listen. ‘Cause she wasn’t just talking about my hair. She was talking about my life.
10. You know what I’d really like? To be put out of my misery.
Are you kidding? This is fun.
Everyone runnin’ around all upset, rumors flying. Can’t you feel it in your fingers and in your toes? It’s like being alive. Man it’s such a rush.
You’re out of your mind.
Last year that rumor about me and Mark Cameron, the orchestra pit, I mean in that case it was true but… man all the conversation, people writing notes and the- they look at you different trying to figure out who you really are, like you’re famous. Admit it, it’s really great.
I don’t know what you’re talking about.
11.Just pop it already and get on with your life.
But won’t that cause a scar?
What are you talking about? Everything causes a scar – LIVING causes a scar.
12. I just think it should be like a miracle. Like… seeing a comet. Or just feeling like you’re seeing one. Seeing the other person’s perfectness… or something. And if you do it before you’re even ready, how are you going to see all that? Not that I would like, know, or anything.
13. See, there’s thinking about him, right… which is what I do, all the time, like, like this…
So it keeps me going or something, like, I need it just to get through the day. It’s, it’s just…
It’s an obsession.
Right, and, and if you make it real, it’s, it’s not the same. It’s not, it’s not yours anymore. I, I don’t know, maybe I’d rather have the fantasy, than even *him*.
I completely understand this.
I totally and completely disagree. *You want* Jordan Catalano in actuality because… there is no because. You just *want* him. Only you’re programmed to never admit it.
That does have the ring of truth.
14. Uh, Delia? Um, maybe we should go somewhere sometime.
You know, like to uh movie or something.
I’d like that.
Cuz, um. I really think we’d be good together.
Ok… but, um… you’re gay, right?
Well, I, uh, you know.
I’m sorry. I didn’t…
No. It’s okay.
That came out so rude.
No, see I try not to, um, no, I don’t like, uh. Yeah. I’m gay. I just don’t usually say it like that.
How do you usually say it?
I don’t usually say it. I mean, I’ve actually never said it… out loud.
15. There’s something about my life. It’s just automatically true that nothing actually happens.
16. Sharon: My father almost died. And you were the only person who didn’t even seem to care. People I barely knew were coming up to me all like, concerned, and you, you acted like you barely even knew me.
Angela: I know, I know I acted like that. I just didn’t know what else to do… I knew I was the last person on earth you wanted to deal with…
Sharon: You were the only person I wanted to deal with!
17. The worst feeling is suddenly realizing that you don’t measure up. And that, in the past, when you thought you did, you were a fool.
18. It had become the focus of everything. It was all I could feel, all I could think about. It blotted out the rest of my face, the rest of my life. Like the zit had become… the truth about me.
19. My parents keep asking how school was. It’s like saying, “How was that drive-by shooting?” You don’t care how it was, you’re lucky to get out alive.
20. People are always saying you should be yourself, like yourself is this definite thing, like a toaster. Like you know what it is even. But every so often I’ll have, like, a moment, where just being myself in my life right where I am is, like, enough.
21. There’s this dividing line between girls who have had sex, and girls who haven’t. And all of a sudden you realize you’re looking at each other across it.
22. Sometimes someone says something really small and it just fits into this empty place in your heart.
23. Sometimes I think if my mother wasn’t so good at pretending to be happy she might be better at actually being happy.
24. When you’re not sure you trust a person anymore, say a person you really trusted, say your father, you start wishing they’d do something like really wrong so you’d be right about them.
25. This life has been a test. If this had been an actual life, you would have received instructions on where to go and what to do.